Thinking of joining The Prickly Pineapple Crew?
See below our jobs openings:
Food Preparation Assistant
About the business
The Prickly Pineapple is a family run business procuring the freshest premium quality produce locally and from all of Australia's major producing regions. A dedication to bring "big city' range and quality to the Whitsundays will be a highlight for all of the "foodies”.
We specialise in Retail, Wholesale, Provisioning and offer delicious Fresh Fruit Juices & Smoothies in store.
Along with outstanding service levels & knowledge of the Fresh Produce Industry you will be amazed at what we have to offer and how good Fresh Food can taste.
Joining our team means you are someone who loves to be around people and motivated to leave a positive impact in any way you can. Our team member’s are highly valued, and we want to make sure you have a great experience working with us.
You will have a shared responsibility with supporting our team of Chefs in providing high quality products for our retail store.
- Assisting with the day to day operations within a retail store front setting, ensuring an efficient workflow is maintained
- Posses a positive, friendly and professional attitude toward our team and customers always
- Keep a clean and organised workspace whilst adhering to OHS and Food Safety guidelines
- Complete required tasks in a timely and efficient manner and be able to work with minimal supervision
- Assist the front house staff with stock management, including but not limited to stock packaging, rotation, stocktaking and inventory
- Ensure all areas of the department are thoroughly cleaned before and after food preparation
- Assembling and preparing ingredients, food packaging equipment, wrapping and labelling
- Enjoy the journey with us by sharing ideas, listening to others and assisting the growth of The Prickly Pineapple
Previous experience in customer service or food preparation will be highly regarded. Having the right attitude is the key!
If you are excited about joining our team and learning more about the role, please apply now for a confidential conversation.
This is a casual role with one day a weekend (Saturday). Flexibility with working hours and days for the right candidate.
At The Prickly Pineapple, we are a diverse family, we love to laugh, built a team who are unique with have fantastic personalities and understand how to work as a team. If that sounds like a place you’d like to be apart of then we are excited to meet you.
You can find us on Facebook and Instagram.
Applications will not be accepted from social media outlets. Please apply through job ads, email: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject - Food Assistant Job or pop in store and ask for Jen or Jamie.